Re: RFS: ruby-markaby

Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> > 2. http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/markaby mentions its license is
> > same as that of ruby's.
>
> This is the website hosting version 0.4 of markaby. Version 0.5 is
> hosted on rubyforge, but does not contain any info about the licence.
> This version 0.5 was packaged by Paul van Tilburg where the MIT license
> was indicated. Paul, if you read this, could you indicate where you get
> the licence from?

This is very weird. You should probably contact the upstream developers
and ask them to add an explicity copyright message in the sources,
probably in the README.

> > 3. Your dep5 format url is not working. Use dep.debian.net url
>
> Indeed. This url was generated automatically by gem2deb. It is not clear
> for me that we should use dep.debian.net right now. Althought dep-5 is
> frozen, its status is just candidate, and not accepted yet. The example
> given in DEP-5 refers to a version of the markdown file kept in the svn rep=
> ository.

Since 1) DEP's are not mandatory anyway and 2) DEP-5 format is not
likely to change radically anymore, IMO it's ok to point to
dep.debian.net.

> The problem with the url generated by gemdeb seems to come from the
> op=file operand, which probably worked with wsvn, but does not with
> viewvc. Changing it to view=co solves this issue, and allows to refer to
> a specific version of this standard.
>
> I have change the url for ruby-markaby in the repository.
>
> A lot of other packages are affected by this problem (list below).
> Should we consider a massive patching of the copyright files to have a
> working url?

Yes.

> In the mean time, the url should be corrected on line 432
> of /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/dh_make_ruby.rb

This was fixed some time ago in git, but didn't go into the archive
yet. Newly generated debian/copyright files will point to
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>