Re: RFS: ruby-markaby

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for your comments.

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 11:05:03AM +0530, Praveen A wrote:

> 1. Build is failing with 'cannot load such file -- test/unit/autorunner
> (LoadError)'. Do you have test-unit installed locally? I suggest you use
> pbuilder to catch this type of errors.

The patch 03_no_require_test_unit_autorunner.diff is supposed to take
care about this because test/unit/autorunner is not present in the
standard ruby1.9.1 library. To check, I cloned again the git repo, did a
git-buildpackage --git-pbuilder and did not encounter any error.

> 2. http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/markaby mentions its license is
> same as that of ruby's.

This is the website hosting version 0.4 of markaby. Version 0.5 is
hosted on rubyforge, but does not contain any info about the licence.
This version 0.5 was packaged by Paul van Tilburg where the MIT license
was indicated. Paul, if you read this, could you indicate where you get
the licence from?

> 3. Your dep5 format url is not working. Use dep.debian.net url

Indeed. This url was generated automatically by gem2deb. It is not clear
for me that we should use dep.debian.net right now. Althought dep-5 is
frozen, its status is just candidate, and not accepted yet. The example
given in DEP-5 refers to a version of the markdown file kept in the svn rep=
ository.
The problem with the url generated by gemdeb seems to come from the
op=file operand, which probably worked with wsvn, but does not with
viewvc. Changing it to view=co solves this issue, and allows to refer to
a specific version of this standard.

I have change the url for ruby-markaby in the repository.

A lot of other packages are affected by this problem (list below).
Should we consider a massive patching of the copyright files to have a
working url? In the mean time, the url should be corrected on line 432
of /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/dh_make_ruby.rb

Best wishes,

	Cédric

list of affected packages with buggy Format: url in copyright:
$ grep -R -e"^Format:.*op=3Dfile" **/debian/copyright | cut -d/ -f1
addressable-ruby
cucumber
imagetooth
ruby-actionmailer-2.3