Re: Plans for rails & wheezy (Was: RFS: ruby-activemodel)

I would love to have somebody to help me. But there's a big BUT! Rails is not
the fire&forget type of packages, so you need to commit to support the packages
for a longer time.

If you are really interested in helping with rails, then I have a great task
for you :). I have a couple of CVEs pending to be applied for rails-2.3
in stable and oldstable. It would be great if you can help me preparing
the security upload - means cherry-picking the needed patches, adding
them to the git repository and at least a basic testing if the applications
depending on rails in the stable works.
i would have loved to help you but i really don't think that i'm eligible for the job. Simply because i'm pretty new to pacaking (as you've pointed out in the next para ;) + i'm even newer to ruby!) and i don't want to keep bugging you (all) every now and then with stupid errors :)

  And (!) you should double check
your packages before asking for upload, I have found at least three
errors in your package:

 - debian/docs: README.rdoc not installed
 - debian/copyright: License not indented
 - debian/control: missing dependencies (gem2deb correctly added a
comment line); not versioned dependencies, you need to match the rails
gems versions - check the ruby-active*-2.3 packages for control.in ->
control generation in debian/rules
my mistake :(

--
-AbdulKarim Memon (FOSS user/Promoter)