Re: RFS: ruby-bluecloth

Hi Augusto

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:20:27AM -0700, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
[...]
> I guess we want to push the "run tests during build" culture, so yes, we
> should try to package the dependencies.

> There is an existing libtidy-ruby package, and I was able to run the
> ruby-bluecloth tests for Ruby 1.8 here with libtidy-ruby1.8 installed.
> Let's do the following: for now, we build-depend on libtidy-ruby1.8,
> ignore the test failure on 1.9 and upload the package.

> After that you talk to the libtidy-ruby maintainer about upgrading it to
> the new policy, and maybe moving it under the team's umbrella.

> The next step would be to change the build-dependency to ruby-tidy, and
> stop ignoring the test failure on Ruby 1.9, and upload an updated
> ruby-blucloth.

> What do you think?

I enabled the test suite for ruby1.8, and added a Build-depends: and a
Suggests: to libtidy-ruby. I got confused by the fact that this
package was not on the list of packaged maintained by the team (sic!).
The tests now run ok.  I will contact the maintainer of libtidy-ruby.
Thank you for your advice.

Best regards,