Re: RFS: ruby-bluecloth

Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 07:35:53PM -0700, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>
> > It looks like a lot of -- if not all -- files in ext/ are actually
> > 'Copyright (C) 2007 David L Parsons', so debian/copyrigh must have an
> > entry for those files.
>
> I overlooked this indeed. I updated debian/copyright to correct the
> copyright assignment to all files in ext/ except extconf.*, blucloth.*
> and Makefile.

Nice.

> > Also, you added a patch to remove the $LOAD_PATH manipulation mess in
> > the tests, but you didn't enable them to run at build time:
> > debian/ruby-tests.rb is all commented out.
>
> The problem is that the test suite cannot run because of missing
> dependencies (in particular ruby-tidy). It was meant to be a preliminary
> step when/if the dependencies are made available. But maybe I should
> have not added the patches in the first place.

Yes, that was what I thought. :)

> Maybe can I just leave them in the repository and comment them in
> debian/patches/series?  Or should I try to package the dependencies?

I guess we want to push the "run tests during build" culture, so yes, we
should try to package the dependencies.

There is an existing libtidy-ruby package, and I was able to run the
ruby-bluecloth tests for Ruby 1.8 here with libtidy-ruby1.8 installed.
Let's do the following: for now, we build-depend on libtidy-ruby1.8,
ignore the test failure on 1.9 and upload the package.

After that you talk to the libtidy-ruby maintainer about upgrading it to
the new policy, and maybe moving it under the team's umbrella.

The next step would be to change the build-dependency to ruby-tidy, and
stop ignoring the test failure on Ruby 1.9, and upload an updated
ruby-blucloth.

What do you think?

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>