Re: gem2deb: support for building using setup.rb

On 11/05/11 at 14:45 +0200, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
> On 11/05/11 14:39, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > On 11/05/11 at 11:51 +0200, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
> >>   Does anyone object to integrate a support for setup.rb directly into
> >> gem2deb (something similar to the old cdbs class) ? That would be a
> >> second auto build system (say, ruby-setup.rb) that users should select
> >> explicitly (to avoid changing the build behaviour). This would allow to
> >> keep as much code in common for the ruby build and the ruby-setup.rb
> >> build, and keep things as consistent as possible.
> >>
> >>   I'd be glad to write it.
> >
> > Wouldn't it risk making the gem2deb code harder to maintain?
>
>   I don't think so, so long as the things in common between both build
> systems stay common. I'll propose an implementation, then we'll see ?

OK. If it gets too complex, we can always fork it as gem2deb-setuprb or
something.

But for rmagick, it seems that the hooks only deal with documentation
building. Wouldn't it be simpler to just run those scripts in the
correct order in debian/rules?

L.