Re: gem2deb: support for building using setup.rb

On 11/05/11 14:39, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 11/05/11 at 11:51 +0200, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>>   Does anyone object to integrate a support for setup.rb directly into
>> gem2deb (something similar to the old cdbs class) ? That would be a
>> second auto build system (say, ruby-setup.rb) that users should select
>> explicitly (to avoid changing the build behaviour). This would allow to
>> keep as much code in common for the ruby build and the ruby-setup.rb
>> build, and keep things as consistent as possible.
>>
>>   I'd be glad to write it.
>
> Wouldn't it risk making the gem2deb code harder to maintain?

  I don't think so, so long as the things in common between both build
systems stay common. I'll propose an implementation, then we'll see ?

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

Comme dit mon tonton: plus on est de cons, plus ça se voit !
 -- La Tordue, Où va-t-on

Vincent, listening to Satellite (The Kills)