Re: Building a Debian package out of a Rubygems' .gem file

Brett G escreveu isso aí:
>  Hello,
>
> I apologize first if this is a redundant email, this is my first
> post on this list.
>
> Using dh-make-ruby what will be the expected guidelines for
> dependency building with each gem build? Will it bypass dependencies
> that are non-gem specific as in Rmagick, or will it only do
> dependency building on gem-to-gem dependencies?

ruby-pkg-tools' goal is to help Debian maintainers to create official
packages for Ruby libraries and applications, so for each package all
the build dependencies must be known at advance (i.e. they must be
declared in debian/control). This means that if dh-make-ruby is not able
to catch all needed build dependencies, the maintainer will have to find
them out in some other way.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro