Re: Building a Debian package out of a Rubygems' .gem file

Joshua Timberman escreveu isso aí:

> Hello!
>
> On Oct 18, 2010, at 12:00 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:
>
> > https://launchpad.net/debigem
> >
> > I just released a version which no longer uses 'gem install' to put
> > the files down on the disk, but rather users setup.rb.
>
> I'll admit up front that I'm asking without checking the tool, but
> does this make it easy to generate packages out of gems that have
> multiple components?
>
> For example, merb and chef both have several gems built out of a
> single source repository, each of which needs to be built as a
> separate package.
>
> I know there are other Ruby projects that do this as well, though.

I guess this could be automated with a modified debhelper buildsystem,
e.g. "ruby_multiple", which would do the same steps that the "ruby"
buildsystem does, but once for each subdirectory, with the appropriate
$(DESTDIR).

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro