Re: hope help reproducible-build to support Debian riscv64 arch

Hi Bo YU,

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 12:21:42PM +0800, Bo YU wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 4:00 AM Chris Lamb
> <chris@reproducible-builds.org> wrote:
> > I'm not involved in the day-to-day of maintaining the testing
> > framework so I'll have to leave a canonical reply to those who do. But
> > we are definitely interested in supporting more architectures in
> > theory, especially ones that a quite different to the ones we support
> > today.

ACK, I think we would totally be interested in adding riscv!

> > In terms of the technical requirements, clearly we would need enough
> > RISC-V machines for use as builders and they would need to be fairly
> > powerful too. I'm not sure about numbers here, and whether virtual
> > machines could work; there are some variations we test for that might
> > need access to the bare metal...
>
> Ok, glad to know these facts.  If there are any riscv hardware
> resources available here,
> I will update here and maybe need you or other r-b people to help setup it:)

To give you you an idea of how much power we need, see here where there
is a list of the current machines:
https://jenkins.debian.net/userContent/thanks.html, with that much we
are hanging on, and we don't really have much spare resources, so we'd
need something on a similar scale.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo