Re: hope help reproducible-build to support Debian riscv64 arch

Hi Bo YU,

I'm not involved in the day-to-day of maintaining the testing
framework so I'll have to leave a canonical reply to those who do. But
we are definitely interested in supporting more architectures in
theory, especially ones that a quite different to the ones we support
today.

RISC-V would certainly match that description: not only because it
isn't "just" another ARM variant but because RISC-V is an open
standard and therefore philosophically aligns quite well with the
broader goals of reproducibility/bootstrappability etc.

In terms of the technical requirements, clearly we would need enough
RISC-V machines for use as builders and they would need to be fairly
powerful too. I'm not sure about numbers here, and whether virtual
machines could work; there are some variations we test for that might
need access to the bare metal...

Best wishes,

    ⬋   ⬊      Chris Lamb
   o     o     reproducible-builds.org 💠