Re: hope help reproducible-build to support Debian riscv64 arch

Hi Chris,

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 4:00 AM Chris Lamb
<chris@reproducible-builds.org> wrote:

> Hi Bo YU,
>
> I'm not involved in the day-to-day of maintaining the testing
> framework so I'll have to leave a canonical reply to those who do. But
> we are definitely interested in supporting more architectures in
> theory, especially ones that a quite different to the ones we support
> today.
>
> RISC-V would certainly match that description: not only because it
> isn't "just" another ARM variant but because RISC-V is an open
> standard and therefore philosophically aligns quite well with the
> broader goals of reproducibility/bootstrappability etc.

It is great to hear about the reproducible-build will accept the RISC-V arch.

> In terms of the technical requirements, clearly we would need enough
> RISC-V machines for use as builders and they would need to be fairly
> powerful too. I'm not sure about numbers here, and whether virtual
> machines could work; there are some variations we test for that might
> need access to the bare metal...

Ok, glad to know these facts.  If there are any riscv hardware
resources available here,
I will update here and maybe need you or other r-b people to help setup it:)

BR,
Bo