Re: Looking for help on transition workflow with package libevent

Le 2022-11-07 à 07 h 31, Nicolas Mora a écrit :

I was also told to change the package name, it would also make the package cleaner.

So uploading to experimental with the name libevent-2.1-12 instead of libevent-2.1-7 would do it? Let's go with it then.

My mistake, renaming the package name to 2.1-12 isn't a clean solution.

I've looked at the ubuntu debdiff [1] and I think they are smarter than me, so I suggest a similar change for the package libevent [2]

Do you have feedbacks for this proposed solution?

/Nicolas

[1] https://launchpadlibrarian.net/627597893/libevent_2.1.12-stable-5_2.1.12-stable-5ubuntu1.diff.gz
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libevent