Re: Looking for help on transition workflow with package libevent

Hi Sebastian

On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 at 08:58, Sebastian Ramacher <sramacher@debian.org> wrote:
> Is that really worth the effort for this one missing symbol? I'd just
> make sure that is stays around regardless of glibc version.

There was a patch proposed in the corresponding Ubuntu bug [1],
re-introducing the symbol, however there was a concern from schopin
(see comment #4):

> This patch wouldn't work as intended, as we'd mix arc4random functions
> from the vendored sources and from glibc,
> each set having their own internal static data.

A test rebuild of reverse-dependencies was done in Ubuntu, and the
transition went ahead.

Regards
Graham

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/libevent/+bug/1990941