Re: Looking for help on transition workflow with package libevent

Hi Nicholas

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 at 23:51, Nicolas Mora <nicolas@babelouest.org> wrote:
> I have a bug tagged serious in the package libevent I maintain [1], I've
> been told the solution is to start a transition workflow.
>
> As mentioned in the transition doc [2], I uploaded the fixed package in
> experimental, but I'm wondering what does "Check the auto-generated
> "auto-<source>"" mean.
> Will my package appear on this list automatically or after I request a
> transition slot from the release team?

It should appear on the list automatically, but it won't because the
libevent-2.1-7 package name did not change.  I suggest that you follow
what Ubuntu did [3] and bump the SONAME and package name for this
transition.

> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1023284
> [2] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions

Regards