Re: arch: all packages and uninstallability on i386

On 09/04/16 21:24, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>> However python-pysam is a problem because the arch:all rdeps have arch:any
>> rdeps, and those are now broken on i386.
>>
>> force breaks:
>>     * i386: falconkit, kineticstools, pbalign, pbbarcode, pbgenomicconsensus,
>> pbh5tools, pbhoney, pbjelly, pbsuite, python-kineticstools, python-pbalign,
>> python-pbbanana, python-pbcore, python-pbgenomicconsensus, python-pbh5tools,
>> python-pbsuite-utils
>>
>> One solution would be to remove the i386 binaries for those as well (which is
>> what would have normally happened when you requested the removal of the pysam
>> i386 binaries).
>
> I can do this, but will there still be a problem for the arch: all
> reverse-dependencies? I'm worried that they might not stay in testing
> for not being installable on i386.

If they are already in testing, then they will continue to be in testing, and
future updates will migrate without problems. However...

>> The other option is to fix python-pysam on i386 (i.e. fix
>> bcftools). Obviously the latter would be preferable...
>>

> The main problem is #819617, which has been under investigation upstream
> for some time and I doubt that a resolution will appear soon. bcftools
> is a new build-dependency of pysam, so there is no regression on
> python-pysam's part.

Can you ping the upstream bug again? It seems like upstream was working on it,
and some time has passed, so maybe will see a fix soon. In that case, having it
build on i386 to solve this uninstallability problem would be good.

Otherwise, removing the i386 binaries for the rdeps is the way to go.

Cheers,
Emilio