Re: arch: all packages and uninstallability on i386

على الجمعـة  8 نيسـان 2016 ‫00:17، كتب Emilio Pozuelo Monfort:
> On 08/04/16 07:16, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>> [Please Cc me; I'm not subscribed]
>> I am trying to prevent python-pysam and its reverse-dependencies from
>> being removed from testing. The latest release of python-pysam can not
>> yet build on i386, and it cannot migrate to testing because it would
>> make it's arch: all reverse-dependencies uninstallable. The previous
>> upstream release has an RC bug and I don't want any of these packages to
>> be removed from testing because of this.
>
> So this used to build on i386 but those binaries have been removed.

Right.

> I suppose we
> could force this in.

Please and thank you!

>> Another package is circlator, which is arch: all and has some
>> dependencies that cannot currently build on i386. Its testing migration
>> has been stalled for over two weeks because it's not installable on i386.
>
> That sounds like it's a regression, i.e. the version in testing is currently
> installable on i386 whereas the version in sid isn't. That's why it doesn't
> migrate.

This one's actually a new package and has never been in testing before.

> We could force it as well, making this package uninstallable on i386
> (just as if it was arch:any and you had removed the i386 binaries).
>
> Is that what you want?

Yes, that's right.

> Is it not possible to fix that rdep?

The dependencies? I just checked--- one of them (bwa) is specifically
limited to (kfree-bsd-)amd64. According to an older changelog entry
(0.7.5a-2), this is because of a requirement for SSE2. That is from an
older release and I suppose the situation could have changed, but is it
necessary to hold back the package because of this?

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي