Re: PHP security upload not included in 6.0.9

"Thijs Kinkhorst" <thijs@debian.org> writes:
> On Mon, February 17, 2014 09:45, Lior Kaplan wrote:
>> 1. First time I encounter this problem, any idea where can I see the
>> buildd
>> logs for these security uploads to see
>> why haven't they built fine.
>
> The security team receives those. I'll forward them to you for this case.
>
>> 2. I see there are only a few of similar cases, would be nice to have them
>> caught and generate some notification
>> - finding out only when a fix doesn't go into a stable update sounds
>> "expensive" to me (project benefit wise).
>
> In general terms, the security team monitors what builds fail and tries to
> involve the respective porters and maintainers; it seems in this case that
> wasn't (yet) done. I would expect the buildd admins to also actively
> monitor what fails on their archs but I'm not sure that actually happens
> for all archs.

buildd maintainers actually do not get build logs for security. At least
not with the setup documented when kfreebsd-* was set up so we tend to
not see any "normal" failures. Can of course be changed if that's what
security@ wants.

  Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer