Re: PHP security upload not included in 6.0.9

On 2014-02-17 8:45, Lior Kaplan wrote:
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Adam D. Barratt
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:

On Mon, 2014-02-17 at 01:38 +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:

I saw the happy notice about 6.0.9 release, and wondered why
isn't
php5 (5.3.3-7+squeeze18) part of this update (uploaded in
December).

This was due to the fact that the package has not yet successfully
built
on kfreebsd-*, as can be seen from
https://release.debian.org/proposed-updates/oldstable.html [1]

Thanks Adam.

1. First time I encounter this problem, any idea where can I see the
buildd logs for these security uploads to see why haven't they built fine.

Logs for security builds aren't publicly available; you could try asking the security team.

 2. I see there are only a few of similar cases, would be nice to have
them caught and generate some notification

The security team periodically check for packages that are available in the security archive but have not made it to ftp-master. In this case the packages aren't available in the security archive either; I'd expect that they also check those.

- finding out only when a fix doesn't go into a stable update sounds
"expensive" to me (project benefit wise).

Having the fixes included in a stable update is mostly convenience. The packages are already available (at least on the architectures where they build okay) from the security archive, which everyone running {old,}stable should be checking.

Regards,

Adam