Re: Bug reported on 2.2.1-8+deb7u1 (scheduled for (old)stable releases)

On 2013-06-19 9:06, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On 2013-06-19 8:23, Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta wrote:
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 08:10:00AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
Did you get any feedback on the new packages? fwiw
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=712414#42 wasn't
explicitly CCed to the submitter, so they may not have seen it.

Yes, one of the submitters tried the package successfully (no reply from
the other, I mailed them personally).

That's great news. I've just flagged +deb7u2 for acceptance into p-u.

+deb7u2 has now built on all architectures and I'll aim to look at issuing an SUA for it this evening.

My current draft text is as below; any comments / changes welcome.

Package              : openvpn
Version              : 2.2.1-8+deb7u2
Importance           : low (high if using "multihome")

The version of openvpn included in the recent stable point release
introduced a regression in functionality when the "multihome" configuration
option is used. That regression is fixed in this update.

If you use openvpn with the "multihome" option, we highly recommend that
you upgrade to this version.

Regards,

Adam