Re: RC-ness of incomplete copyright files

Quoting Michael Gilbert (mgilbert@debian.org):
> Hi,
>
> Jakub Wilk has been filing a lot of RC bugs on packages with
> incomplete copyright files.  Some examples:
> http://bugs.debian.org/690394
> http://bugs.debian.org/690371
> http://bugs.debian.org/690370
>
> Now, these are mostly easy fixes and of course in the end completeness
> is useful, but with so many packages embedding so much code from
> various sources, I think in the end we're going to find most of the
> archive affected.  So, I'm wondering if the release team's opinion
> concurs with serious severity, or if these can be downgraded to
> important to avoid further delaying wheezy?

Not wearing a release team hat, but it is my feeling that such deep
nitpicking is certainly wished in the long term....but also helps very
well in delaying the release of wheezy.

No offense intended to Jakub's work, far from that. We certainly need
people doing such archive-wide reviews of things that are often
neglected.

But we also need to *release* from time to time.....otherwise the
prediction hidden in one of my latest blog posts
(http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2012/10/09#690000) will be more and
more true.

It is probably not the moment anymore to do archive-wide mass bug
filing with RC severity except for FTBFS issues.