Re: RC-ness of incomplete copyright files

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 08:21:19PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jakub Wilk has been filing a lot of RC bugs on packages with
> incomplete copyright files.  Some examples:
> http://bugs.debian.org/690394
> http://bugs.debian.org/690371
> http://bugs.debian.org/690370
>
> Now, these are mostly easy fixes and of course in the end completeness
> is useful, but with so many packages embedding so much code from
> various sources, I think in the end we're going to find most of the
> archive affected.  So, I'm wondering if the release team's opinion
> concurs with serious severity, or if these can be downgraded to
> important to avoid further delaying wheezy?

I don't speak for the Release Team, but with my DD hat on I think the bugs
should keep severity "serious" and I hope that the Release Team won't tag the
bugs wheezy-ignore.  The bugs are not so difficult to fix, so I don't see much
additional delay for wheezy.  Actually I appreciate Jakub Wilk's effort of
filing these bugs.

Regards,

Bart Martens