Re: Advise on next steps concerning upload and unblock request

Hi Cyril,
hi Release-Team,

the ownCloud upstream project did some intensive security bug hunting within the past days,
which will lead to a new upstream release 4.0.7 (being published the next 2 days).

Last week as a security vulnerability was communicated via securtiy@debian.org I started to backport
the fix to 4.0.5. But already the next day 3 additional vulnerabilities have been reported.

I think it's some kind of stupid to backport all fixes of 4.0..7 to 4.0.5 and end up with a 4.0.5 looking
more like a 4.0..7.

For sure I can package 4.0.7, upload and ask for a freeze exception, but does this make sense?
As ownCloud is under heavy development and for sure bugs will pop up quite often, does it make sense
to write you an email every Monday again? :-(

Thanks a lot for your time and help,

Thomas

PS:
As 4.0.7 has not yet been tagged in git I can point you to the branch 'sable4':
https://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud/commits/stable4