Re: Wheezy lacks Horde

Hi,

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012, Mathieu Parent wrote:
> > This problem is affecting the release, so i think the RT needs to be aware
> > of it, even if it is just informational. I also slightly hoped finishing the
> > work would have been feasible and the RT might have allowed a special
> > exception.
>
> OK.

In my experience, the RT rarely pre-approve freeze exceptions without much
more details of the change. And if you want an answer, you'd rather ask a
more formal questions than just add a CC to their list.

You should also use a bug so that it doesn't get lost...

> > Yes, or tagging +help.
> > In this case, when there is still no response, using d-d-a would have been
> > appropriate.
>
> Yes, I agree. As I got no response from the pkg-horde mailing-list, I
> suspected that nobody was really interrested.
>
> Do you still think that I should send something to d-d-a?

I don't think that we want call for help on d-d-a for each package needing
some love. I would suggest:

1/ mailing debian-devel instead
2/ mention that -devel mail in a short paragraph in
   wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews
3/ blog your call for help on planet.debian.org

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/