Re: torcs and torcs-data-*

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 07:25 -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 07:59:08PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 12:29 -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
> > > So, in that case I'd like you to let pass rev. 6 (1.3.3-6)
> > > packages from sid.
> >
> > You're supposed to provide a rationale, not just say "oh, go on,
> > please". ;-p
> >
> > From a quick look at the diff from the version in testing, lintian fixes
> > generally don't qualify for unblocks, nor does a complete rewrite of the
> > copyright file in to DEP-5 format.
> >
> > I guess one could claim that some of the changes are documentation
> > updates, but that's certainly stretching it for the copyright file.
> >
> Basically, the DEP-5 involved primarily more detailed licensing terms
> for the game's artwork. Which was not included in the past.

>From an unblock / review perspective, it would have been more helpful to
have simply added those to the existing file. :-(

> Few
> things remain to clean-up for some data files, I might need to
> contact designers/authors for that.

Is there an ETA for having that sorted out?

> Second, with the new packaging layout I also created an VCs repo
> under the pkg-games umbrella, so that we are able to maintain
> and support on stable releases.

That's already been in testing since May, so isn't really an argument
for an unblock. ;-p

> > What's this change about?
> >
> > -build-predeb/torcs-data::
> > +binary-predeb/torcs-data::
> >  # removing empty script until it's ready
> >         rm -f debian/torcs-data/usr/share/games/torcs/telemetry/telemetry.sh
> >
> > Also, why does debian/rules now contain *two* copies of that removal
> > line?
> >
> Well, you've already found the answer.

To the second question, yes.  As I indicated at the time, I'd still
appreciate the first being answered.

Regards,

Adam