Re: torcs and torcs-data-*

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 12:29 -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 06:18:21AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > On Sun, 2012-07-22 at 23:58 -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
> > > So, I ask for allowing torcs-data, torcs-data-tracks and
> > > torcs-data-cars to enter testing, thus being part of
> > > wheezy.
> > >
> > > Changes from 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 include few build bugs and
> > > upstream including our patches.
> >
> > $ dak ls -s testing torcs-data-{cars,tracks}
> > torcs-data-cars |    1.3.3-4 |       testing | all
> > torcs-data-tracks |    1.3.3-4 |       testing | all
> >
> > I'm not sure what you believe needs doing here.
> >

> That's interesting because PTS and the developer QA page
> shows differently. Maybe those programs believe the source
> package is still torcs-data itself.

No, they show precisely the same - e.g.
http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/torcs-data.html is the PTS page for the
"torcs-data" source package, which we've established isn't in testing.

Both http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/torcs.html and
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/torcs show the current status.

> So, in that case I'd like you to let pass rev. 6 (1.3.3-6)
> packages from sid.

You're supposed to provide a rationale, not just say "oh, go on,
please". ;-p

>From a quick look at the diff from the version in testing, lintian fixes
generally don't qualify for unblocks, nor does a complete rewrite of the
copyright file in to DEP-5 format.

I guess one could claim that some of the changes are documentation
updates, but that's certainly stretching it for the copyright file.

What's this change about?

-build-predeb/torcs-data::
+binary-predeb/torcs-data::
 # removing empty script until it's ready
        rm -f debian/torcs-data/usr/share/games/torcs/telemetry/telemetry.sh

Also, why does debian/rules now contain *two* copies of that removal
line?

Regards,

Adam