Re: torcs and torcs-data-*

On Sun, 2012-07-22 at 23:58 -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
> Hello, past May torcs-data (1.3.1) was removed from testing
> automatically. This could probably happened due one RC bug
> sitting on BTS.

No, it was removed because it no longer produced any binaries
(specifically they've all been taken over by other source packages).
This can be seen by the excuses listing:

* torcs-data has no binaries on any arch

> Since then I've been reworking the packaging bit and improving
> them. By now there's a new upstream version of torcs (1.3.3),
> binaries, already in sid. However the corresponding -data-*
> packages have never entered testing again.

The source packages haven't, no, but the binaries are now produced by
the "torcs" source package.  As the package maintainer, I'd expect that
you'd know this.  :-)

> So, I ask for allowing torcs-data, torcs-data-tracks and
> torcs-data-cars to enter testing, thus being part of
> wheezy.
>
> Changes from 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 include few build bugs and
> upstream including our patches.

$ dak ls -s testing torcs-data-{cars,tracks}
torcs-data-cars |    1.3.3-4 |       testing | all
torcs-data-tracks |    1.3.3-4 |       testing | all

I'm not sure what you believe needs doing here.

Regards,

Adam