Re: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

On Sun, 2012-06-24 at 02:03 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Yes, I know about the relaxed rules, and no, I'm not saying it's a
> surprise to me. However, I do think that having a freeze just _before_ a
> time period where many people are expected to have more time for Debian
> is not ideal; that's why I'm asking if this was intentional.

When we picked June, there weren't even inklings of any Debconf dates
ttbomk; indeed DC11 hadn't even happened.  We could have avoided any
period when we thought Deb{camp,conf} might end up being, but that would
have ruled out all of July and August - potentially all of June if we
assumed that the dates might be similar to DC7.

That would have ruled out a quarter of the year and left us with
freezing before May - which was less than a year from when we were
having the discussion and would have guaranteed being frozen during
Debc* in any case - or after August, which I imagine would have started
to seem very late to many people.

In any case, the right time to have had this discussion if you had
concerns about the timing would have been a year ago.

Regards,

Adam