Re: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 23:05 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:16:07AM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > We know no-one likes reading long mails on d-d-a, so we'll keep this
> > short: we'll be stopping automatic migrations of packages from unstable
> > to testing - aka freezing - on June 30th.
>
> Meaning, anyone who'd planned to use debcamp to do some final polish on their
> package which they'd like to see in the release is now stuffed, and will have
> to find the time this week.

The freeze being in June was announced a year ago.  There shouldn't
really have been anyone expecting us not to have frozen before the end
of the month, tbh.

> You've done the same thing during the previous release.

To be picky, we didn't.  The entire of debcamp was available to anyone
who wanted to use it for polishing before the squeeze release.  In all
realistic senses, so was the entire of debconf, given how intentionally
relaxed the exception rules were in the very early stages of the freeze.

Regards,

Adam