Re: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:40:29PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> (23/06/2012):
> > Meaning, anyone who'd planned to use debcamp to do some final polish
> > on their package which they'd like to see in the release is now
> > stuffed, and will have to find the time this week. You've done the
> > same thing during the previous release.
>
> If we had frozen earlier, would have it changed anything WRT debcamp? I
> don't think so.

Probably not.

> If you wanted to complain about the freeze's being in june, you're
> approximately one year too late. (It's been announced, then reminded
> twice during that time frame.)

For clarity, I'm not complaining about anything, I'm just asking.

Yes, I know about the relaxed rules, and no, I'm not saying it's a
surprise to me. However, I do think that having a freeze just _before_ a
time period where many people are expected to have more time for Debian
is not ideal; that's why I'm asking if this was intentional.

If it's not, I'd like to ask that you at least consider not doing things
this way next time around. If it was, in fact, intentional, I'd be
interested in your reasoning.

Thanks,

the following formula:

pi zz a