Re: On the (ab)use of the Urgency field

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 02:35:41AM -0400, Eric Dorland wrote:
> It looks like my recent libassa upload fell afoul of this, but it does
> in fact fix a release critical bug in libassa 3.5.1-1. The -dev
> package is missing a dependency that makes building against the
> library impossible. The changelog could have been clearer and I could
> have filed a bug, but I was lazy. Can you please remove the urgency
> override?

It's important to file these bugs, especially at release/freeze time or
we can't tell what the package does. It also seems to fix a bug in the
previous upload which was:

* New upstream release.
* Urgency medium to try and beat the freeze.
* debian/source/format: Use 3.0 quilt source format
* debian/compat, debian/control, debian/rules: Switch dh

- all things which we don't want to see with a medium urgency.

However, I've updated the hint to a medium urgency.

Neil