Re: On the (ab)use of the Urgency field

* Adam D. Barratt (adam@adam-barratt.org.uk) wrote:
> Hi,
> I realise everyone's waiting for news of the freeze (we're working
> on it...) but please bear in mind that this is not an appropriate
> use of the Urgency field:
>   * Urgency high to beat the freeze.
> As mentioned in the last mail we sent to d-d-a (and several at
> various points before that) if you have serious concerns that
> important updates to your package won't be included in the release,
> the correct approach is to talk to us, not try and work around us.
> The net effect of the above is more likely to be that the urgency
> will be overriden on the britney side as if the package had been
> uploaded with a lower urgency.

It looks like my recent libassa upload fell afoul of this, but it does
in fact fix a release critical bug in libassa 3.5.1-1. The -dev
package is missing a dependency that makes building against the
library impossible. The changelog could have been clearer and I could
have filed a bug, but I was lazy. Can you please remove the urgency

Eric Dorland <eric@kuroneko.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com