Re: Architecture qualification

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (28/05/2012):
> Thanks for the clarification. I suggest we wait a few days until
> somebody gets a grip on the current situation (newly-added graphs may
> help figure out what would suffer from that), and we take action soon.
> I should be able to look into that in the next few days.

Current armel vs. armhf, and s390 vs. s390x situation, as far as
installability is concerned:
| $ grep -c ^+ diff.armel-armhf; grep -c ^+ diff.s390-s390x
| 107
| 741

The s390 vs. s390x diff is huge, mainly because of qt/kde (an upload
fixing that should happen soon).

Looking at ood binaries for s390x, we have stuff like:
  amarok, kdenetwork, kdepim, kdemultimedia, libarchive, krusader,
  pykde4, zlib, kdevelop, xxdiff, digikam,

and many others.

→ Mostly qt/kde, which should be fixed by the above-mentioned upload.
I guess it makes sense not to block migration to testing until that is
sorted out. Some parts of qt/kde that need migration would suffer
from that.

As far as I can see from a quick look, ood binaries for armhf are almost
always coming with ood binaries for armel, so they need fixing anyway.

I'm not sure whether promoting armhf first, and s390x only after would
be nice; maybe just promote them both at the same time, as soon as
qt/kde gets in a better shape as far as s390x is concerned?

Mraw,
KiBi.