Re: Stable update of linux-2.6

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:56:52PM +0530, Kamalesh Babulal wrote:
> 	Resending the patch with commit id and message included. Please let
> me know, incase the patch needs any other changes to be made.

What is the proper Subject: of this patch?

>     powerpc: Fix default_machine_crash_shutdown #ifdef build failure
>
>     This patch introduces #ifdef bits from below commits, to fix the
>     build failure on powerpc caused by crash_kexec_wait_realmode()
>     when compiled with !SMP.
>
>     Commit: c2be05481f6125254c45b78f334d4dd09c701c82 upstream
>
>     powerpc: Fix default_machine_crash_shutdown #ifdef botch

2 subjects?

>     crash_kexec_wait_realmode() is defined only if CONFIG_PPC_STD_MMU_64
>     and CONFIG_SMP, but is called if CONFIG_PPC_STD_MMU_64 even if !CONFIG_SMP.
>     Fix the conditional compilation around the invocation.
>
>     Commit: b3df895aebe091b1657a42a8c859bd49fc96646b upstream

Wait, have you combined 2 patches upstream into one?  Why not just use
the 2?

Also, what's with the indentation, I'm tired of having to edit
changelogs and should NEVER have to do that for stable patches as the
log should be identical to what they are upstream (which doesn't have
indentation if you export them properly, please do so...)

So, care to try again, with proper subject: lines and multiple patches?

thanks,

greg k-h