Re: SE Linux policy update

On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 20:03 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:

> > > Stops filling the logs when the daemon is just asking whether the
> > > directory is writable.
> >
> > I guessed what the change was for, but was commenting on the fact that
> > the changelog entry said "Dontaudit", which looked like it should have
> > been "don't audit"; apologies if that wasn't clear enough.
>
> "dontaudit" is a SE Linux policy key word.  Capitalising it at the start of
> the sentence might be considered dubious, but seems like the clearest way of
> expressing it.

Ah, I see.

> > > Now what's the procedure for uploading it?  Do I just replace "unstable"
> > > with "stable" in the changelog, use the version number you requested,
> > > and then upload it?
> >
> > It looks like you've done that in the meantime.
> >
> > p-u-NEW's been frozen for the past week in preparation for the point
> > release later today, and DSA are planning to upgrade the machine to
> > Squeeze later in the day, so we'll start working through the queue again
> > over the next few days.
>
> So I've missed this point release?  What's the deadline for the next one?

Yes, you'd need to have uploaded a week ago in order to make 6.0.1; this
was announced in a number of places a couple of weeks or so ago.
Suggestions for other places to do so that don't involve spamming the
world welcome.

The anticipated schedule is for a point release every couple of months,
so we'd probably be looking at freezing 6.0.2 during the early part of
May.

Regards,

Adam