Re: SE Linux policy update

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> > They have all been tested on multiple systems.  Also many of the changes
> > are related to things that didn't work at all previously so there was
> > little scope for regression.
>
> Okay.

Apart from the one I just backed out.  :-#

> > > What's the current behaviour?  All users can manage such files, or none
> > > can?
> >
> > None.
>
> Hmmm, so this is introducing a behaviour change.

A behavior change that makes it work in the expected manner by default while
also allowing tuning it for maximum restriction seems like a reasonable thing
to include.  I don't think that many users desire their USB flash storage
devices to be entirely inaccessible to user applications.

> > > "Don't audit"
> >
> > Stops filling the logs when the daemon is just asking whether the
> > directory is writable.
>
> I guessed what the change was for, but was commenting on the fact that
> the changelog entry said "Dontaudit", which looked like it should have
> been "don't audit"; apologies if that wasn't clear enough.

"dontaudit" is a SE Linux policy key word.  Capitalising it at the start of
the sentence might be considered dubious, but seems like the clearest way of
expressing it.

> > Now what's the procedure for uploading it?  Do I just replace "unstable"
> > with "stable" in the changelog, use the version number you requested,
> > and then upload it?
>
> It looks like you've done that in the meantime.
>
> p-u-NEW's been frozen for the past week in preparation for the point
> release later today, and DSA are planning to upgrade the machine to
> Squeeze later in the day, so we'll start working through the queue again
> over the next few days.

So I've missed this point release?  What's the deadline for the next one?