Re: [SRU] Proposal of docky 2.0.12-1 for squeeze 6.0.1

> For a stable update, it's a little more than a "quite large" diff.

Neverthelesse it is a stable update which includes fixes of half a year.
There were 92 commits since 2.0.6 which are solving several problems.
http://wiki.go-docky.com/index.php?title=Changelog includes links to the
specific bug reports.

> That filtered diff is:

> At that size without the translation updates, I'm afraid I'd need
> considerably more convincing to accept the update.  On the third hand,
> there's also a single new file that's over 1000 lines, fixes for
> compilation with mono 2.8 - which isn't even in the archive yet alone in
> stable - plus at least one new plugin.  Additionally, unstable only has
> docky 2.0.11-1 currently.

Of course there are some fixes like the mono 2.8 which might not apply
directly to squeeze, but given the number of fixes besides that it
should be ok.

No, this update doesnt contain any new plugins. You are refering to
BatterMonitor which needed to be refactored because the handling wasnt
right and lead to problems if specific data sources are available.

All these changes already gone through quite some testing by people
using our stable ppa
(https://edge.launchpad.net/~docky-core/+archive/stable)

> I'm afraid that that's the case right now.  It might be possible to get
> specific fixes included, but I'm not happy accepting the proposed diff
> as-is.

I understand your concerns, but I as docky developer strongly recommend
this update.

docky 2.0.12-1 will be uploaded to unstable later this week.

Regards,
Rico