Re: [SRU] Proposal of docky 2.0.12-1 for squeeze 6.0.1

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 19:21 +0100, Rico Tzschichholz wrote:
> this is a *bug-fix-only* upstream release which only includes
> cherry-picked patches and translation updates. I am hoping this will be
> considered as stable-release-update for squeeze.
>
> This is a quite large diff since it a jump by some micro versions from
> 2.0.6 to 2.0.12.

For a stable update, it's a little more than a "quite large" diff.

> I have made a filtered diff (git diff
> d40e9f7240f531083367a34de3ac0807511e11b7 | filterdiff -x "*/po/*" -x
> "*/data/icons/*") which can be found here
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~ricotz/docky/docky_2.0.6-2_2.0.12-1_trimmed.diff

That filtered diff is:

At that size without the translation updates, I'm afraid I'd need
considerably more convincing to accept the update.  On the third hand,
there's also a single new file that's over 1000 lines, fixes for
compilation with mono 2.8 - which isn't even in the archive yet alone in
stable - plus at least one new plugin.  Additionally, unstable only has
docky 2.0.11-1 currently.

> If this doesnt meet the formal requirements please say so, thank you.

I'm afraid that that's the case right now.  It might be possible to get
specific fixes included, but I'm not happy accepting the proposed diff
as-is.

Regards,

Adam