Re: Please unblock virtualbox-ose

Hi Bernd,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 09:30:50AM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Give it more time for testing in unstable then.

That's one of the things that's being considered, if you'd carefully
read the thread.

> Virtualbox is important enough to have the latest version of it in the
> next release.

>From someone's perspective, every package is important enough to have
the latest version in the next release. Our job, unfortunately, is to
ensure the stability of the release as a whole, not one particular

> Remember that the SC says something about doing the best for our
> users,

Um... I don't think I can reply sensibly to this point.

> not being able to review every single patch. It is a bugfix release
> from upstream and not something which adds a lot of new features and
> the changes are well documented.

I think we can both agree that there are a *lot* of new changes.

> You could at least have asked if there is away to get a
> reviable list of patches. Really a shame that Debian will ship with a large
> number of bugs in an important piece of software again.

Again, I'm not going to be able to comment sensibly on this section.

Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li A40F862E