Re: Bug #566650: Please unblock dtc 0.32.2-1

Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 01:09 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>>>
>>> I won't be able to write a proper reply to your message right now.
>>> But, I could not find the mail sent in August you're speaking
>>> about. Can you please show a public reference?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>
>> I wrote to one of the release team member, and he told me he
>> forwarded it to all the team. I can't tell where's the public
>> reference, because I didn't find it either... Now, that might well
>> be the issue!!!
>
> No, it's not. I found the said mail with some other private mails and we
> asked you to raise your concern about dtc on debian-release@l.d.o and
> you didn't.

I know what I wrote, I know what has been written to me. I've been told
that my message has been forwarded to the release team (however, it
never has been written to me that it has been forwarded to a public
list). It would take time (as I receive about 100 email a day and
because I don't remember who wrote it to me), but I could search in my
email backlog to prove it.

But at the end, I don't see the point in discussing it: it doesn't solve
any issue. I've underlined communication issues myself, and I agree it's
also my fault too...

Can we go forward and think of what can be done now, instead of arguing
about the past (mis)communication?

> Please make sure that your future mails are send to out mailing-list.
> I hate private requests for many reasons... one of them is transparency.

Debian has the culture of transparency for absolutely every single bit.
However, it might not be suitable on all cases, and I haven't seen
anywhere that this should be an enforced policy.

In my case, I was kindly asking for an advice, and it was my preference
to keep it private. Is this wrong? What's wrong in asking advices to the
release team privately, and tell about my plans for the release, if I
wish to do so? Just one example out of many I have in mind: I might
dislike to have some of my business competitors to read, and forecast my
next move.

> FWIW, I don't read private mails for unblocks.

I understand that unblock requests have to stay public.

Thomas