Re: chromium not in Squeeze: a bit of communication needed?

On 09/08/2010 07:08 PM, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 03:22:29PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
>> from now, and as far as I know neither the security team nor the
>> stable release managers usually accept that kind of changes in
>> stable.  If they say they'll be happy to accept random chromium
>> code dumps in released squeeze,
>
> The plan for Chromium is to update it with the Chromium stable
> releases, i.e. the same way Xulrunner has been updated during the
> supported life time of xulrunner 1.9.0. Once these updates have
> stopped, the plan is apply backported patches (again, like xulrunner
> is handled for lenny).

SRMs, would you accept such updates?

Besides, Giuseppe said that Chromium 5.x wasn't an option for Squeeze and
uploaded Chromium 6.x. Why this won't happen again during the freeze? or
worst, during Squeeze's lifetime?

Those are the only blockers for Chromium in Squeeze, I guess. If we can
sort them out, we'll unblock chromium.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي