Re: Is it too late for iceweasel 3.6.8 in Squeeze?

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 03:17:24AM -0400, Ariel wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2010, Mike Hommey wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 01:46:39AM -0400, Ariel wrote:
>
> >Are you volunteering to make all packages depending on xulrunner and
> >libmozjs build and properly work with the xulrunner and libmozjs
> >versions corresponding to iceweasel 3.6? Only once all that is done
> >maybe the release team can decide squeeze would be better with iceweasel
> >3.6. Not before.
>
> Why do you need just xulrunner-1.9.2 in squeeze? I have both
> xulrunner-1.9.2 (3.6) and xulrunner-1.9.1 (3.5) installed, and
> everything seems to work just fine. Same with libmozjs2d and
> libmozjs3d - I have both installed.

Are you volunteering to support both xulrunner-1.9.1 and xulrunner-1.9.2
for squeeze lifetime ?

Oh by the way, getting iceweasel 3.6 in would mean getting icedove 3.1
in, too, and iceape 2.0 out, for the same reason: we can't support more
than one mozilla codebase for the lifetime of a release. Except if
people volunteer and actually support them (because saying "I'll do",
and not actually doing it is too easy).

Mike