Re: Is it too late for iceweasel 3.6.8 in Squeeze?

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 01:46:39AM -0400, Ariel wrote:

> Is it too late to campaign for iceweasel 3.6.8 in Squeeze?
>
> The reason I ask is that I have never able to play flash videos in
> iceweasel (under linux) without stuttering, and random freezes of
> the video (but the audio continue).
>
> Until 3.6.8
>
> With 3.6.8 it's been wonderful, videos play perfectly without any
> problems.
>
> Placing the plugin in it's own thread has really been great in many
> ways, I can now have multiple pages each with heavy flash items,
> without having any slowdown of the browser (since the plugins are
> placed on a different CPU core).
>
> If not, then this will be the first time that debian stable is
> released and I need to update to a package in testing on the very
> first day.
>
> This is OK for me, but for any random debian user it's going to look
> like linux can't play flash video, and if you google for it you'll
> find that this is a VERY common complaint and criticism of linux.

Are you volunteering to make all packages depending on xulrunner and
libmozjs build and properly work with the xulrunner and libmozjs
versions corresponding to iceweasel 3.6? Only once all that is done
maybe the release team can decide squeeze would be better with iceweasel
3.6. Not before.

I'll just add a note. You're at least the fourth person to come and ask
for iceweasel 3.6 in squeeze. It's the fourth time I'm giving the same
reasons, yet nothing happens. Even with all the good intention in the
world, I can't make it happen alone!

Mike