Fwd: Permission to upload new bugfix-only release of mozplugger (fixes important bug)

Hello Peter,

I intended to have mozplugger 1.14.1 in Debian squeeze so I asked for
the permission to upload it (squeeze is frozen now).
Adam Barratt, a release manager, moved an objection which sounds
reasonable to me:

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Adam D. Barratt
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> So far as I can see, the code basically does:
>
> * try to generate <tmpdir>/<filename>
>
> * if that fails, try each of <tmpdir>/001-<filename> to
> <tmpdir>/099-<filename>
>
> * if that fails, fall back to using mkstemp()
>
> Is there a good reason that the code doesn't simply call mkstemp() in the
> first place?

Could you explain the reason of your choice?

Thanks in advance!

--
Alessio Treglia <alessio@alessiotreglia.com>
Debian & Ubuntu Developer | Homepage: http://www.alessiotreglia.com