Freeze exception for inetutils 2:1.8-1

Hi!

I've also expected the freeze to come later in August, and sadly didn't
prioritize uploading the new inetutils upstream release. So I'd like
to request approval to do so now, given the (previous and) following
arguments.

We currently have 1.6 in the archive and the biggest difference between
that and 1.8 is lots of code rearrangment, cleanup and mechanical
changes, which would make my life more difficult when having to deal
with both code bases.

Code analysis
-------------

I'm including here the code analysis of the delta between inetutils
1.6 and 1.8:

$ git di -C -C inetutils-1_6..inetutils-1_8 | diffstat | tail -1

The delta only relevant to code ending up in Debian binary packages:

$ git di  -b -w -C -C inetutils-1_6..inetutils-1_8 | \
  filterdiff -i '*/libinetutils/*' -i '*/libls/*' -i '*/libtelnet/*' \
    -i '*/ftp*/*' -i '*/ping/*' -i '*/src/inetd.c' -i '*/src/syslogd.c' \
    -i '*/talk*/*' -i '*/telnet*/*' | \
  filterdiff -i '*.c' -i '*.h'  > iu-original.patch
$ diffstat iu-original.patch | tail -1

This might still seem huge, but it includes lots of code moves and
cleanup:

 * Coding style.
 * Code reorganization (moving code around inside files or among them).
 * License header additions + fixups.
 * Dead code removal.
 * Warning fixes:
   - Lots of header include fixups.
   - Prototype fixes.
   - Removal of conditonals for free().
   - Removal of unneeded casts.
   - Missing return statements.
   - Missing return types.
   - Switch to correct types to match variables length.
   - ...

After manually trimming out license header additions and fixups (in
iu-trimmed_1.6-1.8.patch) we end up with:

$ diffstat -n1 iu-trimmed_1.6-1.8.patch | tail -1

Which is still quite a bit, but mostly containing the listed code changes
above, and also several bug fixes and code changes including:

 * Switch from getopt to argp.
 * It merges several of the patches present in Debian.
 * ping new -w option (there's a wishlist bug report about this, needed to
   make inetutils-ping option compatbile with iputils-ping, relied upon by
   other programs).
 * Fixes an RC bug in inetd about IPv6 support.
 * Few minor bug fixes.

If you'd want to review that in more detail w/o having to go through
the trivial stuff I'd be willing to trim even more (or all) of those
changes from the first list.

I'm also willing to commit to fixing any possible regression
introduced by such upload within 10 days from bug filing.

thanks,
guillem

[0] <http://people.debian.org/~guillem/inetutils/iu-original.patch>
[1] <http://people.debian.org/~guillem/inetutils/iu-trimmed_1.6-1.8.patch>