Re: Transition: libjpeg6b with versionned symbols

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:05:54AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sat, Jun  5, 2010 at 01:28:46 +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > A new upstream release that provides versionned symbols has been released
> > (6b1) and I have prepared the Debian packages. This release has an updated
> > build system which is already a big improvement.
> >
> Please feel free to upload this to unstable so reverse dependencies can
> start picking up the versioned symbols.

OK. Should I bump the shlibs version (to 'libjpeg62 (>=6b1)' ) so that it is
easy to check whether a package was rebuild against the new libjpeg6b1 ?

Maybe I can bump it to something innocuous like 'libjpeg62 (>=6b)' to avoid
introducing a spurious versionned depends.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.