Re: Eucalyptus Cloud infrastructure and kernels/initrds

On 05/29/2010 11:54 AM, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Stefano Zacchiroli (zack@debian.org) [100529 09:29]:
>> I believe this is the most relevant part for -release. AFAIK the
>> pkg-eucalyptus team already has all the software to create on the fly
>> the needed images and kernel/initrds. The point is then which work-flow
>> do you want to synchronize with pkg-eucalyptus so that when a release is
>> updated, their images get updated too (assuming that the extra
>> coordination is not too much of an extra burden for -release).  Similar
>> concerns exist for kernel alone and Steffen is getting in touch with the
>> kernel team about that.
>
> Is there any reason why the pkg-eucalyptus team just can't build their
> images once a (point-)release is ready? How long does it take to build
> those images?

This Debian-like self-building is what is happening today and yes,
we can continue like that. My mail was just thought as an invitation
to think along, not as a request for anything. If the perfect answer is
VMbuilder I don't know yet. For some it definitely is and the others
may just use someone else's image.

What I take home now is that the email has arrived, you are informed,
and you don't mind us doing what we are doing.

With best regards

Steffen