Re: Audacious transition

On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 19:53 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 13:22 -0700, Chris Taylor wrote:
> > I am currently in the process of preparing the transition of Audacious
> > to the new 2.3 stable branch. The current highest version in Debian is
> > 2.1 so I am pushing to try to have 2.3 in Squeeze.

I see you've already uploaded to unstable.  It would have been
appreciated if you'd waited for a formal ACK before doing so; afaics
this isn't tied to any other ongoing transitions, but the apparently
simplest transitions often turn out to get entangled.

> Does this imply changes to any packages other than audacious? (and
> audacious-plugins, which has a versioned build-dependency on audacious
> which will be broken).

Apparently the answer is yes; the dropping of audacious-plugins-dev
gives:

# Broken Build-Depends:
g15daemon-audacious: audacious-plugins-dev (>= 2.1)
imms: audacious-plugins-dev
upse: audacious-plugins-dev (>= 1.4)
xmp: audacious-plugins-dev (>= 1.4)

Each of the above will need a sourceful upload in order to incorporate
whatever changes are necessary to work with the new audacious packages.
So far as I can see, only g15daemon-audacious currently has a patch for
this in the BTS.

Regards,

Adam