Re: Processed: severity of 581204 is serious, block 574770 with 581204

On Tue, 11 May 2010, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> >This bug has NOTHING to do with the transition -- the bug would be as
> >good or as bad with python-default being 2.6.  May be even it
> >would disappear if 2.6 is the default, we don't know!
> Well, maybe. But I bet I will FTBFS with Python 2.6 as well.
I would probably bet too that it would ;) but once again, we don't know,
and have no easy way to check atm (I doubt that I could request a chroot
on hppa with python 2.6 as default...)

> >So why is it a blocker for the transition?
> Because it will need a binNMU after new python-defaults is uploaded.
> python-nipy-lib currently depends on "python (<< 2.6)" so it
> couldn't live with new python in testing.
ah, ok -- wonders of broken (apparently by design) cdbs [1]

but I see it now, indeed...

ok -- I guess I should finally migrate to dh, and set separate
build-indep and build-arch targets, so there is no FTBFS from building a
documentation... everyone needs to pay for his laziness ;)

> >NB I see it indeed as a blocker for a release, but for the
> >transition blockers should be the ones which are ok with 2.5 but
> >fail with 2.6,
> Well, that's exactly the case.
ok ok -- indeed version which already managed to get in, probably is
ok... will check just for fun
--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]