Re: Processed: severity of 581204 is serious, block 574770 with 581204

* Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>, 2010-05-11, 13:31:
doing so:

This bug has NOTHING to do with the transition -- the bug would be as
good or as bad with python-default being 2.6.  May be even it
would disappear if 2.6 is the default, we don't know!

Well, maybe. But I bet I will FTBFS with Python 2.6 as well.

So why is it a blocker for the transition?

Because it will need a binNMU after new python-defaults is uploaded. python-nipy-lib currently depends on "python (<< 2.6)" so it couldn't live with new python in testing.

NB I see it indeed as a blocker for a release, but for the transition blockers should be the ones which are ok with 2.5 but fail with 2.6,

Well, that's exactly the case.

--
Jakub Wilk